Thursday, May 14, 2009

Craig Ferguson 5/13/9B Late Late Show MONOLOGUE

As someone who "majored in poetry" in grad school and who has sat through more than her fair share of poetry slams, and who has more than a teensy crush on Craig Ferguson (there, I said it), I thought I'd share his monologue from last night's show with you. I laughed--probably much more than I should have--when I watched it. Be forewarned, it has a little bit of adult (or exceedingly juvenile, depending how you look at it) humor in it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gigi, Griffin and I were just checkin' this out. Thanks, we had a good laugh. Anything you want to add, Griffin? No, I'm good.
    Bye
    M and G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! I can't remember the last time I heard an American (well, he's not American, so that may be saying something) late-night talk-show host so deftly and casually not only blend high and low talk but also toss off lines of poetry and celebrate the very thing he's warmheartedly and lightly mocking. Beautifully done, Craig Ferguson! This is precisely why I'm a fan and have a little crush on him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh, Todd, don't let Ferguson hear you say he's not an American! He's a proud citizen now! I'm so glad to hear that you have a crush on him, too. Now if I can just get you to see the beauty of Richard Trethewey. A man who can fix your pipes (ahem) is very sexy indeed.

    Thanks for watchin', Marlowe & Griffin!

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you.